January 22, 2013

Thoughts

This morning Lash woke up early and came down into my bedroom. He was very disappointed to see that Daddy was gone already. Lash wanted to play the Kindle but I told him it was too early and he could either go back to bed or get into bed with me.

After throwing a short fit he crawled into my bed. He reached out for me so I held his hand and closed my eyes thinking that maybe he just might go back to sleep. Every minute or so I would open my eyes and there he was either looking at me or daydreaming. After 3-4 minutes I asked him "What are you thinking about?"

He looks at me with a super sweet look on his face and his squinty eyes (this the look he has right before he says "you are the greatest mom in the world"...so I had high expectations) and he said, "I'm thinking about everything...giraffes, horses, tigers, lions...."

I think that kid thinks about animals all the time. He is either playing with animals, reading about animals, pretending to be an animal...in fact, just 5 minutes ago he was pretending to be chased by a leopard. Last week we wrote down all of the animals he can identify and it was nearly 75!

On that note...here is a short video of Lash pretending to be a horse (he is watching Tangled Ever After):


No comments:

Post a Comment