July 30, 2011

Denim clutch

After having Lash I realized that I could no longer carry a purse, a diaper bag and an infant car seat; therefore, I went in search of a cute clutch that could easily fit inside the diaper bag but could also be used independently. I found a small mustard yellow clutch at Target that I fell in love with. I'm sorry to report that it has seen better days. The leather (or whatever it is) has been peeling off of the outside for some time now and it just looks terrible!

I got the idea a couple of months ago to make a denim clutch. We recently cleaned out our closets and I was able to talk Clint out of a couple pairs of jeans and jean shorts. I finally got some free time to work on this project and I am pleased at how it turned out. (I wish I would have taken pictures along the way because it would have made for a great tutorial!)




In case you are wondering...it was very easy to put together and probably took me less than 2 hours. And, this was my first time sewing a zipper, which can be very intimidating!! If you have specific questions about its construction, let me know and I will be happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment